Dear all, I have a shell script file e_payment.sh. I have one file e_payment.txt which is having records.I want to pass the records one by one in database. Commands in e_payment.sh file are as follows: ------------------- for file_row in `cat /home/oracle/bcs/e_payment.txt` do export file_record=$file_row sqlplus -silent ltbill/ltbill@mgclnbil @exec_procedure.sql >> e_payment_error.log done ------------------ And I have one file exec_procedure.sql contents are as follows: ----------------- exec E_PAYMENT_FILE_DOWNLOAD($file_record) exit ----------------- all the file file e_payment.sh and exec_procedure.sql and e_payment.txt I have put in same directory. I want to pass the value of variable 'file_record' as parameter in my prcedure E_PAYMENT_FILE_DOWNLOAD which has been called in exec_procedure.sql file. But I get the message like: ERROR at line 1: ORA-06550: line 1, column 31: PLS-00181: unsupported preprocessor directive '$FILE_RECORD'. I am not very experienced with scripting but I need resolution on high requirement. Please guide me how can I pass the value of variable in procedure. Thanks and Regards Arjun