Home » Other » Marketplace » Entry-level Oracle position
Entry-level Oracle position [message #650961] Sun, 08 May 2016 16:07 Go to next message
Oracle-beginner
Hello everybody,

Any advice how can I enter the Oracle market please?
I have an IT background (I hold dual Master's degree), but I am more oriented functional than technical.
I have done both business analysis and software requirements lifecycle.
I am not a fresh graduate, but the market is very competitive nowadays and I could not find any opportunity in Oracle.

Your advice is much appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #650964 is a reply to message #650961] Mon, 09 May 2016 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
My first job with computers was driving the van that delivered them. That was with a degree and everything. You'll be very lucky if anyone employs you in a technical role before you've done time in non-technical and proved that you are honest, hard working, and reliable. Use the time getting certified.
--
John Watson
Oracle Certified Master DBA
Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #650979 is a reply to message #650964] Mon, 09 May 2016 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oracle-beginner
Thank you John for your response.

I will do my best to not start in a technical role because I am thinking for a position which I can learn as an end-user then move to functional consulting role.

I have already been in a technical side than moved to Business Analyst/functional role, but not in Oracle market.
So, for me it is not worth to re-start the loop again.

yes true, it is worth getting certified.
Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #651120 is a reply to message #650979] Wed, 11 May 2016 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oracle-beginner
Hi,

Does any Oracle functional member please knows which Oracle skills for functional role I need to start learning?

because I strongly believe my CV does lack the basic skills to enter the Oracle career path.
I know about Business Analyst skills (gathering requirements, Functional Specifications...).
But for the Oracle processes flow (the business side), I really don't know how to start learning. I prefer self studying at the moment.

To my limited understanding: these modules GL-AP-AR are important for any Oracle process flow like P2P, O2C.
However, I don't know how can I start learning the right way. What are the best books/online videos to choose?
I am a little bit confused

Please respond back.
Thank you

--
Sarah

Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #651531 is a reply to message #651120] Thu, 19 May 2016 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oracle-beginner
Hi,

Does anybody can help me how I can start up please?

Thank you

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2016 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #653673 is a reply to message #651531] Thu, 14 July 2016 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollyhill
Have the same concern with you. Any updates since May? Thanks in advance Smile
Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #654030 is a reply to message #653673] Mon, 25 July 2016 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oracle-beginner
Not really, I am still looking

Re: Entry-level Oracle position [message #664451 is a reply to message #654030] Tue, 18 July 2017 18:25 Go to previous message
Oracle-beginner
Hi everybody,

I am glad to give some update to this forum. I just start working as a graduate position in the Oracle market !! Non technical role
However it is a lot of learning...I am very excited

Good luck for everybody
Previous Topic: Improved Data Loader for Oracle released
Next Topic: Best Institute In Oracle Applications In Hyderabad(Andhra Pradesh,India)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:01:40 CDT 2024