Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Help with bitmap join indexes (11g)
Help with bitmap join indexes [message #672248] Mon, 08 October 2018 15:21 Go to next message
Paul Newman
I have a fact table with > 1 date key. i wanted to create bitmap join indexes for each of these attributes. it seems to only let me create a single bitmap join index to my date dimension "the_date" attribute. while this makes sense as it puts "the_date" into the bitmap of the fact, it would be really helpful if i could do this for more than 1 date. is there a way?

thanks!

ps. not sure this is the right forum, maybe better under performance. let me know!
Re: Help with bitmap join indexes [message #672249 is a reply to message #672248] Mon, 08 October 2018 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Long time no visit.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:
OraFAQ Forum Guide
How to use {code} tags and make your code easier to read

Please post CREATE TABLE statement for the fact table.
Please post CREATE INDEX statement for the bitmap index that is successful.
Please post CREATE INDEX statement for the bitmap index that fails.

use COPY & PASTE so we can see what you do & how Oracle responds.
Re: Help with bitmap join indexes [message #672441 is a reply to message #672249] Mon, 15 October 2018 10:39 Go to previous message
Bill B
Mr Newman, it is now 1 week past the time you were asked for create statements for your table and bitmap indexes. If you have solved your problem or you still need help please respond to this issue. You don't want the users getting angry at you and not helping you on other questions. Beings asked to see the actual statements that are no working is a very valid request and should be honored.
Previous Topic: Duplicating Excel COUPNCD function in PLSQL.
Next Topic: Convert Date in String field (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:25:19 CDT 2024