Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Ora 1031 during an import (Database, 10.2.0.3, win server 2003)
Ora 1031 during an import [message #355509] Fri, 24 October 2008 10:08 Go to next message
abdulaziz
Hello,

I was given a dump a schema to import into a new schema. The very first lines of the import were reporting an oracle 1031 error as follows:
Create database link xe.regress.rdmms.dev.us.oracle.com connect to vuser identified by pwd_in_encrypted_format using xe
. It appears to me that a database link was created, on the schema which generated the export file. How can I correct that problem for am afraid problems arise after the import. Is there a way I can fix the problem, knowing that the original schema was drop cascade and now all we have is that 'corrupted' export file?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Ora 1031 during an import [message #355532 is a reply to message #355509] Fri, 24 October 2008 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varunvir
I did not understand what you saying but If you want to import schema,Use this command:-
impdp system/manager@instance_name directory='' rempap schema=old_schema:new_schema remap_tablespace=old:new dumfile=''
logfile=''

Use this comand if it is 10g and export is taken from 10g
If it is not 10g then use regular exp/imp
Let me know If you are asking something else.
Regards,
Varun Punj,
Re: Ora 1031 during an import [message #355570 is a reply to message #355532] Sat, 25 October 2008 07:54 Go to previous message
abdulaziz
I know of datapump import/export and that is not what I was using for this particular import. I used the "normal" import. My issue is that during the import I got an error which makes me think that the user the schema was exported from had created a database link, but the one I am importing to, won't create one. So if I do ignore that error, will the data imported behave well? Won't I have a problem afterwards?
Previous Topic: Admin user/password
Next Topic: Oracle 10g XE Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 21 00:34:26 CDT 2024