Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » how to find terminal and session id from weblogic.
how to find terminal and session id from weblogic. [message #36985] Wed, 09 January 2002 01:14 Go to next message
GOVINDARAJAN
I would like to know, how to get the terminal or session id in oracle database. The connection to the oracle server (Sun solaris box) is through web logic(middle tier server). if I use the following sql in my bean (EJB) i am getting 'unknown' as a result.

Select userenv('terminal') from dual;

where as when I run the same in sql prompt I am getting the correct terminal id.

Any one can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance..

Govindarajan. K
Re: how to find terminal and session id from weblogic. [message #36997 is a reply to message #36985] Wed, 09 January 2002 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Vemulapalli
try this when you connected through weblogic.

select SYS_CONTEXT('userenv','proxy_user'),
sys_context('userenv','OCI_ATTR_PROXY_CREDENTIALS')

from dual;
Re: how to find terminal and session id from weblogic. [message #37004 is a reply to message #36997] Wed, 09 January 2002 21:28 Go to previous message
GOVINDARAJAN
Hi,

Thanks for ur immediate response. But I am getting 'ORA-02003: invalid USERENV parameter' error . I am using oracle 8.0.5. Please let me why this error is coming.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Govindarajan.k
Previous Topic: Help on Triggers
Next Topic: parameters for pl/sql procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:03:01 CDT 2024