Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Forms 6.0 on UNIX , IS it possible !!!! [if yes reply fast]
Forms 6.0 on UNIX , IS it possible !!!! [if yes reply fast] [message #367055] Mon, 09 October 2000 06:19 Go to next message
Hitesh
I'm having existing forms .fmb files on Nt machine, now i want them to transfer them to HP - Unix Server system. Is it possible, if yes tell me which changes should be made Pl. send it fast.......
Re: Forms 6.0 on UNIX , IS it possible !!!! [if yes reply fast] [message #367059 is a reply to message #367055] Wed, 11 October 2000 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sandeep Deshmukh
Hitesh,

You need to convert the NT based fmb's to fmt's through converter provided in D2K.The .fmt file will be a text file converted from binary.And this file will be platform independent.

Sandeep
Re: Forms 6.0 on UNIX , IS it possible !!!! [if yes reply fast] [message #367067 is a reply to message #367055] Fri, 20 October 2000 17:09 Go to previous message
Senthilkumar.P.P
Hi,
It is not needed to convert your files back to .fmt. .fmb itself platform independent. But I want to know whether you are going to use character mode forms or mottif gui version forms of unix. If you are going to use character mode,it will be very hard to rewrite the codes which were written for mouse navigation to KEY triggers. For Mottif version you need to do alignment & resizing of all the items.
Previous Topic: server startup at boot
Next Topic: Install Oracle Server 8.1.5 and Forms 6.0 on Windows NT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:38:54 CDT 2024