Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » PL/SQL code review checklist
PL/SQL code review checklist [message #37673] Wed, 20 February 2002 00:13 Go to next message
Plamen
Our company produces great amount of PL/SQL code..Im currently trying to implement a technical review policy. There is no problem to find a code review checklist for Java but I couldnt find such one for PL/SQL. We can write it starting from zero but Ill prefer at least to take a look at allready existing PL/SQL styleguides . If someone can help me...
All the best..
my web mail is plamen_at_semantec@yahoo.com
Re: PL/SQL code review checklist [message #37679 is a reply to message #37673] Wed, 20 February 2002 07:40 Go to previous message
andrew again
For your purpose where your code modules are already named and their contents defined, your best bang for the buck in my opinion would be to use a code checker. The one I use and am very happy with is TOAD with the Formatting option. In the formatting options - enable "inline advice" When you format the code it'll identify unreferenced variables, use of nulls vs '' etc etc. and format all the code consistently so that it's maintainable. TOAD is by Quest.
Previous Topic: About RELY on constraint
Next Topic: sql_trace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:38:27 CDT 2024