Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to run a file with .bat ext from form
How to run a file with .bat ext from form [message #86641] Fri, 15 October 2004 06:56 Go to next message
mG
My objective is to generate a report in text format from Oracle forms apps via clicking on a button .

Now, does anyone know how to run a batch file in MS DOS from Oracle form via clicking on a button? 

The idea is to run an sql file ( both .bat file and .sql files are saved on the same network dir so it's available to all users) and generate a report in Text format onto user's c:myfiles directory. 

Your suggestions/comments will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mike

Re: How to run a file with .bat ext from form [message #86680 is a reply to message #86641] Tue, 19 October 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
You can use HOST or DDE.APP_BEGIN to execute the .BAT file from FORMS.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: How to run a file with .bat ext from form [message #86681 is a reply to message #86641] Tue, 19 October 2004 01:13 Go to previous message
ashish
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT U R TRYING BUT U CAN USE HOST built-in TO RUN COMMAND IN MS DOS

E.G

Host( 'DIR' );

WILL RUN THE DIR COMMAND IN MS-DOS.
I VE USE THIS COMMAND FOR DEL. AND RENAME MAY BE THIS WILL HELP U

PROCEDURE HOST
(system_command_string VARCHAR2);
PROCEDURE HOST
(system_command_string VARCHAR2,
screen_action NUMBER);

Built-in Type unrestricted procedure
Enter Query Mode yes

Parameters

system_command_ string Specifies the system command you want to pass to your particular operating system.

screen_actio Specifies one of the following constants:

no parameter Specifies that Form Builder will:

n clear the screen

n prompt the operator to return from the command

NO_PROMPT Specifies that Form Builder will:

n clear the screen (does not prompt the operator to return from the command)

NO_SCREEN Specifies that Form Builder will:

n not clear the screen

n not prompt the operator to return from the system command

(The HOST command should not send output to the screen when using the NO_SCREEN parameter.)

Note: Thescreen_action parameter is only relevant to applications running in character mode, where the output of the Host command is displayed in the same window as the form. In GUI applications, the output of the Host command is displayed in a separate window.

my pleasure
ASHish
Previous Topic: How to run Unix Shell Script from Forms by clicking a Button
Next Topic: Setting Tooltip text in Multirecord block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 02:37:32 CDT 2024