Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Logical Volume Manager error/oracle table spaces
Logical Volume Manager error/oracle table spaces [message #97536] Wed, 17 July 2002 04:57 Go to next message
Melissa Perry
Have oracle 8.1.6 running on AIX 4.3.3 with a RAID 5 SSA ARRAY. The raid array is defined as a single volume group and a journaled file system. When we load non-oracle data to the array, no error messages. When we put an oracle table space on the array, we receive logical volume errors and an ORA-01237: cannot extend datafile 19 ORA-01110: data file 19: IBM AIX RISC System/6000 ERROR 5: I/O error. Seems to be related to oracle??? Does anyone have any suggestions??? We have certified all disks in the array and also deleted and rebuild it.
Thanks,
Melissa
Re: Logical Volume Manager error/oracle table spaces [message #97537 is a reply to message #97536] Wed, 17 July 2002 11:47 Go to previous message
dennis
At first I thought you were creating the table during an import, and your initial extents was exceeding 2GB. For that there is a fix. However, after rereading your problem several times I don't think that is your case. It really does appear to be an OS problem.

01237, 00000, "cannot extend datafile %s"
// *Cause: An operating system error occurred during the resize.
// *Action: Fix the cause of the operating system error and retry the command.
Previous Topic: Re: VMS to UNIX Migration (Oracle)
Next Topic: Oracle installer: nothing happens when I click the next button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:54:50 CDT 2024