Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Unable to locate character set handle for character set ID (0)
Unable to locate character set handle for character set ID (0) [message #97872] Wed, 02 April 2003 11:13 Go to next message
antonio castaldo
I'm migrating from an Oracle 7.3.3 on Solaris sun4u Ultra-Enterprise server with OS version 5.7 to Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris sun4u Sun-Fire server with OS version 5.8. The problem is when I run my job scripts which calls SQLLDR to load records into our data warehouse. Upon trying to load I get this message: "SQL*Loader-282: Unable to locate character set handle for character set ID (0)". I never got this in Oracle 7.3.3. Can it be from differences in oracle databases or is this something more specific. Our System Admin tried some things as well as our DBA with no luck. Any idea as to where I can turn for the answer?

Thanks,
ac
Re: Unable to locate character set handle for character set ID (0) [message #97873 is a reply to message #97872] Wed, 02 April 2003 11:29 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
THIS IS  becuase of conflicting versions of sqlldr against the databases OR environment
always use a lower version of sqlldr against a higher version of database
or
use same the same version of sqlldr as the database.
ALSO,
MAKE SURE U HAVE ALL ENVIRONMENTS PROPERLY SET
ur PATH, ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME etc AND U HAVE ACCESS PERMISSIONS.
Make sure u can invoke sqlldr from the directory ( check the PATH)
and
there are certain know bugs with oracle 7.3.3 sqlldr.
please Post more information

Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: SOLUTION PLEAse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:42:28 CDT 2024