Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Difference between oracle 8i windows version and unix version
Difference between oracle 8i windows version and unix version [message #97973] Thu, 07 August 2003 09:18 Go to next message
sekhar
Is there a difference between Oracle 8i windows version and Oracle 8i unix version.
i mean the featurers provided by oralce like stored procedures, triggers, indexes, etc.
We are looking from a migration prospective because we are planning to go for a migration from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 8i/9i.
Re: Difference between oracle 8i windows version and unix version [message #97974 is a reply to message #97973] Thu, 07 August 2003 12:10 Go to previous message
William Robertson
Within the database there is no real difference. There might be a few setup & tuning options that are OS-specific, but they should be transparent to applications. I guess if an application uses OS scripts or files (e.g. 'host' or 'spool' from SQL*Plus, UTL_FILE operations or external C/Java calls etc) you might have to make some changes, but that's about it.
Previous Topic: Use of packing & unpacking??
Next Topic: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kzckini: nzdsi_initialize], [28750]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:17:02 CDT 2024