Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » can we save formating(bold,underline,italic) info along with data in tables ?
can we save formating(bold,underline,italic) info along with data in tables ? [message #109445] Thu, 24 February 2005 14:11 Go to next message
kashif
hi everyone,

can we save formating(bold,underline,italic) info along with data in tables

if yes then please tell me how to solve this problem.

i do not want to save data in tables as ms word doc file.

bundle of thanks,
Re: can we save formating(bold,underline,italic) info along with data in tables ? [message #109450 is a reply to message #109445] Thu, 24 February 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
I suppose you could do this.... but loading, editing, and maintaining would be a nightmare. I advise storing the binary files to keep fonts, colors, picture files, etc as intended in their original documents. If you would like I can show you how to load the binary files into a table column, but I am still working on getting them out without compromising the integrity of the data. If you are interested, let me know.

Steve
Re: can we save formating(bold,underline,italic) info along with data in tables ? [message #109452 is a reply to message #109445] Thu, 24 February 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kashif
thanks for the reply...

Actually i want to make a editor in forms(just like this orafaq reply page)...a editor where i can atleast underline,bold some part of text...i think you get point now more clearly....and if binary file do some stuff like this please explain me how it work.

thanks.
Re: can we save formating(bold,underline,italic) info along with data in tables ? [message #109455 is a reply to message #109445] Thu, 24 February 2005 15:00 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
Oh ok, I see what you are saying.

You are talking more about allowing the functionality of having a user be able to underline, bold, italicize certain portions of text.

Hrrmm.... I suppose you could code a form like that in Forms Builder but as far as allowing that functionality goes, I think that's a little out of my league. I'm sure there is a way to code buttons like they have on this page but that is quite an undertaking. I wish I could tell you more, but I think you might want someone with a little more expertise than myself.

Can anybody point this gentleman in the proper direction of some documentation?
Previous Topic: handling beans
Next Topic: Re: FRM-91500 Unable to start/complete the build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:44:41 CDT 2024