Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Alert overshadowing Display
Alert overshadowing Display [message #111906] Mon, 21 March 2005 14:29 Go to next message
dude4084
Hi all

On my form when user hit delete button then another form is appeared/called having information of all records avaialable to delete. I select a single record from that list on the called form and returned back to the orignal form. The things went smoothly upto here. I can see the record to be deleted in the block.

I have to ask the user to recofirm the deleteion by showing an alert But when i show an alert for the confirmatin of the record, i can NOT SEE the record in the background. I am failed to figure out why?

The flow of the program is as follow
1: Press delete button
2: call anopther form
3; show list and have some selection
4: record is loaded in the original form

The program code was working fine upto here
Now i added step 5 as follow

5: show alert for cofirmation

The problem arose that i can NOT see the loaded record

For finding the solution, I tried to introduce a step at 4-B and wrote pause; , it displayed the paused message and have shown the alert message with record loaded at background. Though this has solved my problem but "pause;" is unnecessary flow present in the code.

So plz advice.

Thanx in advance
Dude

Re: Alert overshadowing Display [message #111950 is a reply to message #111906] Tue, 22 March 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Try to synchronize your form before calling the alert.

hth
Re: Alert overshadowing Display [message #112095 is a reply to message #111950] Tue, 22 March 2005 22:17 Go to previous message
dude4084
synchronize;
has worked.

Thank u very much Frank
Previous Topic: How to: Attach libraries using environment variable
Next Topic: Show all records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:45:19 CDT 2024