Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 6i hangup
Forms 6i hangup [message #112525] Sat, 26 March 2005 12:25 Go to next message
sidneim2005
I installed Oracle Forms 6i on a client using Windows 2000 and the database is in a machine using Windows XP. If i use the Forms 6i in the server, it works perfectly. But when i use in the client, when it´s going to ask the username/password, it closes and no error is generated (the application was running via network and doesn´t work, copied to the client and still nothing). Someone can help me ?

PS: in the client i can access the server via TNSPING80 and/or sqlplus (database Oracle 9.2.0.1.0) - installed the Oracle 9i client and still doesn´t work.
Re: Forms 6i hangup [message #112579 is a reply to message #112525] Mon, 28 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Can you open another tool like repory builder or some other tool and can connect to the database in your server from that tool as well?
If not, then try to uninstall developer, from your computer by Oracle Installer.
Even if if's just the form builder which is crashing I suggest you to uninstall the complete developer, restart your computer and install it again.
Re: Forms 6i hangup [message #113444 is a reply to message #112579] Sun, 03 April 2005 10:50 Go to previous message
sidneim2005
I deinstalled the Oracle Develope 6i via ORACLE Installer, reboot the computer, installed it again (this time with Forms Builder too), reboot the computer, used Oracle Net8 Config and created the connection (test sucessfull), tried to connect via Forms Builder (sucessfull), but in Forms Runtime, when it invokes the screen of logon, it still hangup . Can u help me out ? (the client is Windows 2000 and the server is Windows XP).
Previous Topic: Web enabling Oracle applications
Next Topic: help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 15:01:13 CDT 2024