Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to generate reports through forms
how to generate reports through forms [message #120730] Mon, 23 May 2005 06:28 Go to next message
sivaprasadravipati
hi
i have two listboxes in form.one is for table list another one is columnlist to the curresponding tables.when ever select a table from the table automatically displayed column list in list item 2.in that below i have one submit button will be there when ever press submit button should be generated report.ex:emp are any table from the table list.i attache one .fmb file.i want to report in that style.
  • Attachment: list[2].fmb
    (Size: 48.00KB, Downloaded 1198 times)
Re: how to generate reports through forms [message #120984 is a reply to message #120730] Wed, 25 May 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gurusubramanyam
Hi,

Can you please provide some more input, like what information you want to print on the report, etc.

Bye,
G.S
Re: how to generate reports through forms [message #121012 is a reply to message #120984] Wed, 25 May 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koushik
hi
i think u have seen the form in that if i select some data like user-koushik,tables-emp,columns-in this if i select 2 columns from list item box,after completion of this if i press submit button then according to the above seleted data the report should generate,this is my problem.thanks for respose for my problem.if u understand my explaination means send the related code for generating the report while clicking the submit button.
thanks
siva
Re: how to generate reports through forms [message #121025 is a reply to message #121012] Wed, 25 May 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gurusubramanyam
Hi,

Which version of Forms & Reports You are using?

Please send the report layout design?

What columns you want to dispaly?

I am sorry. I am not clear.

-G.S
Re: how to generate reports through forms [message #121041 is a reply to message #121025] Wed, 25 May 2005 08:54 Go to previous message
koushik
hi
versions of forms & reports are 6i on windows-xp.report should be any style according to the data which is selected in the form.once again i am sending the form,in this there r 3 list items are there 1)users. i.e all the database users will be displayed in the list item(code is in the when new form instance)2)tables. in this all the tables r displayed according to the selection of a particular user.(when new block instance trigger).3)columns. in this all the columns will be displayed according to the tablename which is selected from the previous tables list item box. like this all the required data has been selected from the 3 list items no now i want the report to be generated according to the selected data in the form while clicking the report button in the form. simultaneously for all tables and which ever required columns should generate a report when i press report button,this is the actual senarieo.for this submit button i want the code, remaining all the code is in the form,please see the form and check it out and send me the modified form to me.
report should be like this if we press report button in the form
user koushik
table emp columns empno enmame
7369 smith

thanks
siva
  • Attachment: ram.fmb
    (Size: 60.00KB, Downloaded 1095 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ..Tool bar .. anyone.. .
Next Topic: Point of Sale & Barcode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:43:26 CDT 2024