Home » Infrastructure » Unix » How to run sql in unix on oracle
How to run sql in unix on oracle [message #125167] Thu, 23 June 2005 11:22 Go to next message
simplutions
Hi,
I have access to a server machine which has the following:
i) Oracle installed
ii) Unix as Operating System
The machine on which I am working is:
i) Windows OS based
ii)Can connect to above mentioned server machine using
telnet command

Now, what I want to do is:
i) I need to run few .sql queries on this machine.

Could you help me in:
i)How to run queries on above machine?
ii) Can TOAD be used?
iii)Any other method which can be used !

What I have already tried to do :-
i) I have transferred all the files to server from windows machine usinf FTP. But, I am unable to trace where they are saved on server?

Thanks,
Saurabh.
Re: How to run sql in unix on oracle [message #125228 is a reply to message #125167] Thu, 23 June 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>i)How to run queries on above machine?
On the machine physically?? like telnet?
Use ssh or putty . ( google for putty. it is free).

>>ii) Can TOAD be used?
Ofcourse.
You can use any cleint tool including sqlplus.
database server is in unix.
Windows machine is your client.

>>i) I have transferred all the files to server from windows machine usinf FTP. But, I am unable to trace where they are saved on server?
Should be in home directory of unix user , unless you have specified another location.
Re: How to run sql in unix on oracle [message #125234 is a reply to message #125167] Thu, 23 June 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OLarry
Check out the easy to use tool AgileInfoSoftware PowerQuery and DataStudio: http://www.agileinfollc.com

Re: How to run sql in unix on oracle [message #125254 is a reply to message #125167] Fri, 24 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simplutions
I have connected to that Unix server using TinyTERM Emulator. And in the present working directory I am having all the .sql files which were transferred using FTP from the windows based client machine to this server machine.

Now, I need to run these .sqls and verify they are able to create tables or alter them.
Could you help me in that? As I have tried various methods like execute command etc., but it didn't worked.

Thanks,
Regards,
Saurabh
Re: How to run sql in unix on oracle [message #125262 is a reply to message #125254] Fri, 24 June 2005 02:12 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
Start a new terminal window.
Change user login to oracle user (i.e. user which owns oracle database on server).
Login into oracle using SQLPlus using the user under which u want to run these scripts.
From their execute these scripts. The process is same:
@<dir-path>/<script-name> command on sql prompt.

Regds
Girish
Previous Topic: Port redirection
Next Topic: Pass Values from SQL to UNIX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 15 23:43:06 CDT 2024