Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can i disable the X icon in the top right of the window?
Can i disable the X icon in the top right of the window? [message #130179] Thu, 28 July 2005 10:31 Go to next message
joekeri
I have designed several Forms in FORMS6i. THey are availble for the general public to access information.

The problem is, the X button. People tend to press it and close the program. Is there any way or ideas on how to hide the X icon on a form?
Re: Can i disable the X icon in the top right of the window? [message #130185 is a reply to message #130179] Thu, 28 July 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

hi,
I don't don't know about hiding this X icon in the form. However, we can do something to disable exit of form.
You can write this code in your form level Key-Exit trigger:
BEGIN
	IF :dept.deptno IS NULL THEN
		EXIT_FORM;
	ELSE
		MESSAGE('You cannot close the form');
	END IF;
END;

You can allow the users to exit the form only if a certain condition is satisfied.
In this case, I made a simple dept form and applied this logic. You can apply your logic to deal with your users.
Hope this will help.

Regards

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 11:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can i disable the X icon in the top right of the window? [message #130476 is a reply to message #130179] Sun, 31 July 2005 03:00 Go to previous message
fahedakhter

Hai:
You can disable close butto(x buton) of window by windows property name "CLOSED ALLOWED=FALSE".And disable MDI window close button by the help of D2KWUTIL.PLL library.
Previous Topic: run form 6i on iis server by internet browser (merged threads)
Next Topic: form builder 6i problem with 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:19:14 CDT 2024