Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Different Question
Different Question [message #138910] Sun, 25 September 2005 09:29 Go to next message
sharma.radha

Hi to everybody
I am going to ask you a very silly question not from my point of view. But it is, if i will think it from your point of view.
But please, take it seriously so, can any one tell me that
is there is any software on the internet which can be used for practice of UNIX basic commands AND I WANT TO USE THIS SOFTWARE ON MY PC 'OS' IS WINDOWS XP.
AFTER getting this software from the internet on my PC, i could work on UNIX commands.
'But UNIX AND XP are seperate OS'
Here i need Software which has its own demo data, so whenever the software run, it works in its own directories and data.

AND I DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL UNIX.

Thanks in advance for the right answer to this typical question.

Radha.
Re: Different Question [message #138964 is a reply to message #138910] Mon, 26 September 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua
Yea ,

there is a demo linux environment software and you can very easily use it on your windows XP machine. It provides the basic functionality of unix i.e. ls, mkdir, rmdir, cd etc.

I dont remember the name of the software but i have had it on my machine earlier.
Search it on google and probably you will get it.

If i get something then i will get back to you.

Got one link -- download this trial version

http://www.cybermatrix.com/lndownloads.html

regards,
tarun

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 01:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Different Question [message #138994 is a reply to message #138910] Mon, 26 September 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
How about Cygwin?
http://www.cygwin.com/
Re: Different Question [message #140039 is a reply to message #138964] Fri, 30 September 2005 09:45 Go to previous message
sharma.radha

Hi,
Thanks and thanks.

Radha.
Previous Topic: Installing 10g onAIX 5.3 1st Prob
Next Topic: Passing a unix variable to sql query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:54:04 CDT 2024