Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms Window problem
Forms Window problem [message #148324] Wed, 23 November 2005 11:04 Go to next message
SaraC
Hi

I have a Form with a Main Window (Window type is Document) - I have created a new window in the same form for a pop up message required for input from the user. I have created this with Window Type Dialog and set Modal to Yes. The problem is that when I open the form at runtime, the second window (the popup I created) flashes on the screen for a second before the main window. It is activated correctly at all other times i.e. when I call it - it is a dialog box which should stay on top until I have entered some text. Everything works fine except the appearance of the popup on running the form.

Is it something to do with the way I have set the properties of the window?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Sara
Re: Forms Window problem [message #148571 is a reply to message #148324] Fri, 25 November 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pallavig
Hi,

When you set the properties not for window,but at the module level (top most in object navigator) you need to tell which window should appear first in the properties (set the First Navigation Data Block to the window which you want to display at runtime).
This will work.

Pal.
Re: Forms Window problem [message #148585 is a reply to message #148324] Fri, 25 November 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaraC
Thank you Pal

That worked a treat.

Thanks for your help
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199425 is a reply to message #148585] Tue, 24 October 2006 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kokichi34

I have the problem similar as SaraC.
But I have only 1 content canvas with alot ot Stack Canvas on it, Main_Windows flashes before it load any stack canvas. I don't understand why?
Give me your help, thanks.
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199506 is a reply to message #199425] Tue, 24 October 2006 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Make sure that you have NO 'synchronize' commands active in your form (comment all of them 'out'). Make sure that you have your canvases in the correct order. Okay, what IS correct order? Put your main canvas as the first canvas and in your When-New-Form-Instance trigger have a 'go_item' to the first field of the main canvas (this SHOULD be unnecessary but often isn't) and then a 'go_item' to the first field on the first stacked canvas you wish to have displayed.

If this doesn't work then put the main canvas as the last canvas in the navigation list and see how that functions.

Get back to us with what effect this has on your forms 'flashing'.

David
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199514 is a reply to message #199506] Tue, 24 October 2006 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kokichi34

Understand what you wrote.
But it 's seem that the main content canvas alway slash before it load any stack canvas on it?
How can stop that?
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199517 is a reply to message #199514] Tue, 24 October 2006 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you check for 'synchronize' commands? Did you turn them 'off'?

In what order do you have your canvases? Did you try putting them in another order. Do not populate any of the navigation properties.

Do you have any 'go_item' commands?

David

Re: Forms Window problem [message #199708 is a reply to message #199517] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kokichi34

I did everything that you suggested.

The content canvas always slash before displaying any stack canvas.

After that, when I change position of that windows: set_window_property('main_window', X_POS, :parameter.rel_x);
The content canvas is move to new position, and form start load stack canvas on it.

Thank you.
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199729 is a reply to message #199708] Thu, 26 October 2006 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
On how many canvases do you have 'Raise on Entry' set to 'Yes'?

David
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199739 is a reply to message #199729] Thu, 26 October 2006 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kokichi34

No canvas set 'Raise on Entry' set to 'Yes'.
But when I set property 'Raise on Entry' of
the content canvas & the 2 first stack canvas to 'Yes', nothing changed, slash is still happen?

I have to change position of main window(set_window_property...)first. Slash is still happen but in the same position, so user don't fell it.

By the way, can you explain the purpose of property 'Raise on Entry' on canvas.

Regards,
Re: Forms Window problem [message #199748 is a reply to message #199739] Thu, 26 October 2006 02:05 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Try having 'raise on entry = yes' on the content canvas ONLY.

David
Previous Topic: ora_ffi and LoadKeyboardLayout
Next Topic: To generate random number
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:31:06 CDT 2024