Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Report Help
Oracle Report Help [message #153705] Tue, 03 January 2006 18:34 Go to next message
jahdox

Hi!
I have this form that calls two reports. The parameters are receipt number and cheque/ref number.

A receipt number with only one cheque/ref number enables the generation of the second report which is the journal.

When a receipt number has many cheque/ref numbers, the journal is blank.

I'm using Oracle Forms and Reports 6i and will be grateful for any help on why this happens.

Thnks in advance,
JDox

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2006 18:41]

Report message to a moderator

Oracle Report help [message #153706 is a reply to message #153705] Tue, 03 January 2006 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jahdox

Hi!
I have this form that calls two reports. The parameters are receipt number and cheque/ref number.

A receipt number with only one cheque/ref number enables the generation of the second report which is the journal.

When a receipt number has many cheque/ref numbers, the journal is blank.

I'm using Oracle Forms and Reports 6i and will be grateful for any help on why this happens.

Thnks in advance,
JDox
Re: Oracle Report help [message #153726 is a reply to message #153706] Tue, 03 January 2006 21:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Bacause you probably have a 'where' clause that says 'cheque_id = parameter1' and although it works when parameter1 is '1234', it does not work when the parameter contains multiple values like '1234,2345,3456'. For the latter case you need to use 'cheque_id in parameter1'. So, use the 'in' construct instead of '=' and it should work for both.

David
Previous Topic: validation of primary key compound of several fields
Next Topic: DELETE using CHECKBOX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:36:03 CDT 2024