Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to fetch previous record values into next record
how to fetch previous record values into next record [message #157080] Tue, 31 January 2006 04:41 Go to next message
Nilesh Kunte
hi,
help!!!!
I have a header-detail relationship form.
In the detail block I have one column called "product_type" and another column called "description". For the first time I am inserting values manually in the product type, say "GPC" and description, say "A/C Ducting".
when I come in the next record, I want that as soon as I type "GPC", the description of GPC i.e. "A/c Ducting" should appear in the corresponding item. i.e. I want to fetch previous record details in the next records through SQL STATEMENT ONLY.
note: the previous record is not yet saved.
I want to fetch previous unsaved records in the next/current record through SQL STATEMENT ONLY.
What SQL statement should I Write.

T&R,
Nilesh Kunte.
Re: how to fetch previous record values into next record [message #157087 is a reply to message #157080] Tue, 31 January 2006 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vban2000
Hi Nilesh

just a suggestion,

Save the record to an array during at WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD on the second field.

reterive it from arrary at WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD on the second field.

Regards
AnDy
Re: how to fetch previous record values into next record [message #157091 is a reply to message #157087] Tue, 31 January 2006 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilesh Kunte
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. But the problem is that Iam using the customized form of Oracle Apps. where I have only descriptive flex fields (Text Items) where i can write my SQL query.
I cant write in any trigger. what ever coding i have to do is in additional felx field items(text item).
in that also i can write SQL statement only.

Waiting for your suggestions.

T&R,
Nilesh Kunte.
Re: how to fetch previous record values into next record [message #157100 is a reply to message #157080] Tue, 31 January 2006 06:11 Go to previous message
vban2000
Hi Nilesh

Ok.. maybe you could consider using POST. post the record and reterive it from LOV (assuming you are using LOV) or other items..

Regards
AnDy
Previous Topic: What Is FormWeb.Cfg?
Next Topic: I need boock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:44:34 CDT 2024