Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem with 10g Forms Database Access
Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158049] Wed, 08 February 2006 04:30 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi,

I have installed 10g Developer suite, and 10g Database, i configured the TSNNAMES.ORA and is able to connect to the 10g Database through the SQL Plus utility in the Developer suite, but not able to connect the Forms to the DB, What settings i have to configure in order to connect the Forms with Database.

While trying to connect it is taking a long time and after some time it Forms application shows 'Not Responding' in the Taskmanager.

What may be the issue ?

Anyone have any idea how to configure please reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal Narayanan
Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158167 is a reply to message #158049] Wed, 08 February 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A shortcut solution (which doesn't necessarily have to work) could be this: go to the directory into which you have installed the database; from the \network\admin directory take LISTENER.ORA, SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA files and copy them to the appropriate directory (into which you installed Developer Suite). Don't forget to create a backup copy of the original files first!!!

After trying to get things to work using the SQL Net Assistant etc., I found out that simple COPY gives the same result with no effort at all.

If this won't help, well, something else surely will Smile

Once again: DO THE BACKUP FIRST.
Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158204 is a reply to message #158167] Thu, 09 February 2006 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
It's working perfect, but the form running in the web layout is displaying the watermark 'Oracle AS Forms services' and in the menu bar created by me the word 'Oracle' is displaying. How to get rid of these two?

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal
Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158318 is a reply to message #158204] Thu, 09 February 2006 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
To clear the watermark, go to formsweb.cfg and in the area associated with your application set 'Logo=no'. Search this forum for 'logo' for some examples.

Would you please post a SMALL part of the screen that contains the menu bar 'Oracle' please.

David

Upd: Okay, the logo refers to the Oracle in the corner not the watermark. Learn something every day.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2006 23:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158324 is a reply to message #158318] Thu, 09 February 2006 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
/forum/fa/804/0/

This is the image before modifying Formsweb.cfg
Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158325 is a reply to message #158318] Thu, 09 February 2006 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
/forum/fa/805/0/

This is the image after modifying Logo=No in Formsweb.cfg
Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158327 is a reply to message #158318] Thu, 09 February 2006 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
/forum/fa/806/0/

I have set the parameter background=No in Formsweb.cfg, so the watermark 'Forms Services' (see the first and second image) is not visible now. But i am unable to set a different background color , How to do it ?

Also the logo 'Oracle' is not visible now (see the first image) after setting the Logo=No parameter in Formsweb.cfg, but how can i set a different logo, in its place ?

If you have any idea please let me know

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal
Re: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access [message #158330 is a reply to message #158327] Thu, 09 February 2006 23:22 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'formsweb.cfg'. There are fuller explanations in those threads for the following options.

separateFrame=True
form=myform.fmx
userid=usrid/@mydb.world
width=850
height=650
colorScheme=Titanium
align=baseline
#splashScreen=logo_frame.gif
webformsTitle="My Own Personal 9i"
Logo=no
#serverApp=/regico/registry
Background=NO

There is also documentation on the Oracle website.

David
Previous Topic: how to convert forms 6i to 9i
Next Topic: Synchronous working with HOST command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:52:54 CDT 2024