Home » Infrastructure » Unix » signon/signoff script???
signon/signoff script??? [message #164523] Thu, 23 March 2006 19:02 Go to next message
PmT_
How can I create two shell scripts called signon and signoff that document my session. Now the scripts don't have to log in or out of the session -- just allow me to type in a remark. They should be separate and should run at separate times.

When run, both scripts need to add lines to a history file called log.dat, which will grow gradually. The idea is to allow the user to run the signon script, then do something else for a while, and then run the signoff script.

The sigon script begins a new log entry in the log.dat file consisting of a line of dashes, the word "signon" with the date and time, and a l-line comment about the session which it promtps you for.

The signoff script completes the new entry by appending the word "signoff" with the date and time and another line of dashes.

Any takers?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 March 2006 20:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: signon/signoff script??? [message #164532 is a reply to message #164523] Thu, 23 March 2006 21:23 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
what does this have to do with Oracle?
Previous Topic: Helper Utility
Next Topic: permission denied to run a Mail Message Utility Program in unix on IBM server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:24:40 CDT 2024