Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working
InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working [message #164915] Mon, 27 March 2006 09:42 Go to next message
sandudana
Hello everybody,

I am new to using PJC and JavaBeans in forms. I have on my laptop Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.1) and Forms Demos version 9.0.4.2.0 downloaded from OTN (the demos versin has nothing to do with developer's or database's version). I studied InfoButton PJC application (buttons that show tool-tips at mouse-over).

Now, I want to create in one of my old forms such a button. I followed exactly the steps of the demo, that is:

1. I created a form with a button TEST_BUTTON for which I set the Implementation Class property to oracle.forms.demos.enhancedItems.InfoButton.

2. On the form's canvas I also created a text item named INFO with the following properties:
X Position = 255
Y Position = 107
Width = 100
Height = 100

3. At form level, I created the trigger WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE in order to set the button's properties as follows:

SET_CUSTOM_PROPERTY('CONTROL.TEST_BUTTON',1,'INFOBUTTON_TEXT','This is the tooltip text');
SET_CUSTOM_PROPERTY('CONTROL.TEST_BUTTON',1,'INFOBUTTON_FIELDPOS','288,128');

4. I created in my formsweb.cfg file a configuration section for my form.

[pjc_demos_dana]
pageTitle=OracleAS Forms Services - InfoButton Demo Dana
IE=jinitiator
baseHTMLJInitiator=demobasejini.html
archive_jini=frmall_jinit.jar,/forms/formsdemo/jars/infobutton.jar
form=pjclaunch_dana.fmx
width=675
height=480
separateFrame=false
splashScreen=no
lookAndFeel=oracle
colorScheme=blue
background=/formsdemo/images/blue.gif

When executing the form, the button has round margins as said in the documentation; at mouse over the cursor takes the form of a small hand but there is no tool tip. I receive no errors, only that it doesn't show the tool tip.

I don't understand why it's not working, what I did wrong ...

When setting the 'INFOBUTTON_FIELDPOS' property - input parameter X,Y - the documentation says: "This property should be set to a string containing a X,Y comma separated pair providing the location of the target field in pixels relative to the top left hand corner of the window. The X,Y pair simply has to define a point anywhere within the target field, it doesn't have to exactly define the corner".

What is the target field? The text item I created at step 2)? The documentation is not clear here ...

Any help will be appreciated.
Daniela
Re: InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working [message #165009 is a reply to message #164915] Tue, 28 March 2006 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please try this. Create a text item. On its property sheet, at the bottom, put some text into the 'tooltip' property. Compile and run your form. Does this static tooltip appear?

David
Re: InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working [message #165032 is a reply to message #165009] Tue, 28 March 2006 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandudana
Ciao David,

I did as you said (created a new text item and put some text into the Tooltip property). Nothing happens Sad

Daniela
Re: InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working [message #165205 is a reply to message #165032] Tue, 28 March 2006 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I assume that you DID pass the mouse over the new text field SLOWLY. If nothing happened then you probably have a problem with your local Java. I dislike intensely when people tell me to 'just reinstall Java' but it looks like something is not configured correctly. Is this PC a new installation? Do you have another machine on which you also have a Forms installation? Try accessing the Developer Server on YOUR PC from another PC and see if the tooltip shows on that PC after the JInitiator has been downloaded. Are you using the right version of JInitiator?

David
Re: InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working [message #165284 is a reply to message #165205] Wed, 29 March 2006 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandudana
Thank you David for your info.

Regarding the tooltip for the text item: I managed to make it work.

But the InfoButton PJC in the Demo Forms is still not working.

daniela
Re: InfoButton PJC Demo for Forms (tooltip buttons) - not working [message #165401 is a reply to message #165284] Wed, 29 March 2006 21:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please share with us what you did to get the text field tooltip to work. Concerning the Demo Forms, please review the documentation, make sure that you have palced the form anf other objects in the right directories, make sure that you don't have objects with the same name in OTHER directories, in the various PATH statements in the registry make sure that in the FORMS entries that YOUR directories appear to the left of the default Oracle directories but in the JAVA entries that YOUR directories appear to the right of the default Oracle directories.

David
Previous Topic: Formatting Time from Date within SQL create Table statements
Next Topic: FRM-92101 error in Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:20:06 CDT 2024