Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Text Item Change
Text Item Change [message #174745] Tue, 30 May 2006 07:33 Go to next message
karuparamb

Dear All,

I am using Oracle Forms6i, How can i create trigger for Text Item Change. like Visual Basic events (Text Change). to make our own customised LOV

Thanks in Advance.

Abdul Aziz. K.P
Re: Text Item Change [message #174780 is a reply to message #174745] Tue, 30 May 2006 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This is Oracle Forms not VB. There is no one-to-one correspondence between VB actions and Forms actions.

What do you want your Form to do? If you want an LOV, create a record_group, a data item, and an LOV which you then associate with that item. As part of the definition of the LOV you inform it that the return value is to go to the data item.

David
Re: Text Item Change [message #174783 is a reply to message #174780] Tue, 30 May 2006 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karuparamb

Thanks for ur reply in prompt. I am well confident about its Oracle Forms not VB. But why don't we try to get it.
I well know about LOV, Record group etc, etc. But u didn't get my question exactly.

I need to get trigger fired while typing any key inside the Text Item. not while post text item or validating text item.

Best Regards.

Abdul Aziz. K.P
Re: Text Item Change [message #174786 is a reply to message #174783] Tue, 30 May 2006 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
And you didn't get David's reply: Oracle Forms is differenct from VB. Not everything that's possible in VB is possible in Forms and vice versa. One option I can think of is a LIST_ITEM. Have a Look here. The WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger can emulate what you are after.

MHE
Re: Text Item Change [message #174789 is a reply to message #174786] Tue, 30 May 2006 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karuparamb

Dear Maher,
Thank u for ur reply. List item its ok but not applicable for me. Why I am asking u know, Here, in my point of sale program while scanning barcode by USB connected scanner it will not eject enter key code so we need to press enter key or tab key to jump next field. But if u use keyboard wedge scanner its ok. So for this purpose I want to know what is the length of item code after scanning to validate and programmatically jump to next field. It contains above 75,000 products. One way I know we can use OLE Microsoft Text Item to validate or Java Bean. But I am so interested to find out in Form Level.

Best Regards.

Abdul Aziz. K.P
Re: Text Item Change [message #174791 is a reply to message #174789] Tue, 30 May 2006 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Have you looked at the automatic skip property? If the lenght is always the same you could use that.

MHE
Re: Text Item Change [message #174792 is a reply to message #174791] Tue, 30 May 2006 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karuparamb

Dear Mahir,

Yes i tried now. Great, its working perfectly. Thanks a lot. you saved my time.

Best Regards.

Abdul Aziz
Re: Text Item Change [message #174932 is a reply to message #174792] Wed, 31 May 2006 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karuparamb

Dear Mahir,

Auto skip ok for fixed length of barcode. But what about for various length of barcode. How can i control it...?

Best Regards.

Abdul Aziz. K.P
Re: Text Item Change [message #174950 is a reply to message #174932] Wed, 31 May 2006 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Then you'd have a problem. That's why I said 'if the length is always the same' and I believe that the standard barcode formats are indeed fixed, aren't they?

MHE
Re: Text Item Change [message #174956 is a reply to message #174950] Wed, 31 May 2006 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karuparamb

is not same. Company produced standard barcode is fiexed length. But manually printing was different. the products contain manual and also company standard. Take an example of Hyper market products(Nokia have fixed length of barcode but locally packed meat have different length).

Best Regards

Abdul Aziz. K.P
Re: Text Item Change [message #174972 is a reply to message #174745] Wed, 31 May 2006 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rehan Mirza

Mr. Abdul Aziz. K.P you have done every thing in developer form like VB if you have grip on Developer Code dont affraid with any sort of gosips.

Just Write code on When-Validate-Item

Declare
v_Timer Timer;
Begin
v_Timer ('Chk_Lnt',1,No_Repeat);
End;

and now write you main code on WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED

Declare
v_Timer_Name Varchar2(20);
Begin
v_Timer_Name := Get_Application_Propert('Timer_Name');
if v_Timer_Name = 'CHK_LNT' then

-- Put Yours Checking Code here

End If;
End;

hope it will helpful for you if any porblem exist please remember me mail me at mirza_rehan@yahoo.com

Best regards
R E H A N M I R Z A
Re: Text Item Change [message #174974 is a reply to message #174745] Wed, 31 May 2006 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rehan Mirza

Corrected message sorry i miss my ideas in one

Mr. Abdul Aziz. K.P you have done every thing in developer form like VB if you have grip on Developer Code dont affraid with any sort of gosips.

Just Write code on PRE-TEXT_ITEM

Declare
v_Timer Timer;
Begin
v_Timer ('Chk_Lnt',500);
End;

and now write you main code on WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED

Declare
v_Timer_Name Varchar2(20);
Begin
v_Timer_Name := Get_Application_Propert('Timer_Name');
if v_Timer_Name = 'CHK_LNT' then

-- Put Yours Checking Code here

End If;
End
;

and Create Post-Text-Item
Delete_Timer('CHK_LNT');

hope it will helpful for you if any porblem exist please remember me mail me at mirza_rehan@yahoo.com

Best regards
R E H A N M I R Z A
Re: Text Item Change [message #175059 is a reply to message #174974] Wed, 31 May 2006 09:53 Go to previous message
karuparamb

Dear Mr.Mirza,

Thank you, Yes this way i can handle it by creating one timer.

Best Regards.

Abdul Aziz. K.P
Previous Topic: Compare Column Data
Next Topic: Window auto size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:46:38 CDT 2024