Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Regarding forms migration
Regarding forms migration [message #177749] Fri, 16 June 2006 07:43 Go to next message
orafan2003
Hi,
I am working on forms migration. A form was migrated from 4 to 6i. Now I am migrating it to 10g.
The form has 2 mmb's,1 pll and object library all of which are migrated to 10g and are error-free.
Now I am trying to compile the form in 10g. For that when I opened the form in Forms10g, the form closed automatically and I got a message "ifbld60.exe error". Now what can be done ?The form is working fine in 6i without any errors.It is not getting opened in 10g at all.
Kindly guide me.
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #177976 is a reply to message #177749] Sun, 18 June 2006 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you have both 10g and 6i on your development PC? Are they in different homes? Have you got the 10g 'test' form to run properly? Is this error coming when you run the form from the 10g form builder or from the 10g Developer Server or the 10g Application Server?

David
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #178037 is a reply to message #177976] Mon, 19 June 2006 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Sir,
I am very sorry as I have not given the error message correctly.
This is the error message that I see when I open the form in 10g form builder.
"ifbld90.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.You will need to restart the program"

I have only 10g in my PC.I am getting this error when I run my form from Form builder10g(Oracle forms developer suite 10g).
Sir, What is the "test" form? All the other forms that are not related to this migration are working fine. Also there is no problem opening the two mmb's and 1 pll associated with this form from the Form builder 10g. But when I open the object library associated with this form, it gives the same error message as above and closes Form Builder immediately.
Now how can I proceed further?
Please guide me.
Thank you.
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #178374 is a reply to message #178037] Tue, 20 June 2006 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This may seem an obscenely obvious question but you are opening the Forms 6i version of the form and not the Forms 4 version aren't you?

The forms that open correctly and the forms that do not open correctly - are they in the same directory? I think you have them in different directories.

Is this other directory listed at the begining of the FORMS90_PATH registry entry?

Are you starting Forms 10g in the directory that contains the 6i Forms?

David
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #178648 is a reply to message #178374] Thu, 22 June 2006 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Sir,
Now I could open the form in Form builder 10g R2.As you said, I listed the directory in the FORMS90 registry. Earlier I was opening it in a lower version which created a problem. Now the main problem is with the Object library. As soon as I open the object library, it crashes the form builder. The object library opens with form builder 6i but not with 10g.
Now what can I do?
Kindly guide me.
Thank you.
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #178753 is a reply to message #178374] Thu, 22 June 2006 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Sir,
I re-created the object library and when I tried to open the form, I get the following message which I am sending as an attachment.
Thank you./forum/fa/1209/0/
  • Attachment: ERROR.gif
    (Size: 30.94KB, Downloaded 6307 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 22 June 2006 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regarding forms migration [message #179144 is a reply to message #178753] Mon, 26 June 2006 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In 10g, open the object library, compile it, save it, then close it. Close the 10g Forms Builder, reopen it. The Object library should NOT be in the Forms Builder.

Does this object library refer to a reference form of some kind? Is it in your working directory?

David
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #179160 is a reply to message #179144] Mon, 26 June 2006 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Sir,
As you said, the object library is referring to a form which has libraries all of which are corrupt. Now what can be done? That form has problems opening in form builder6i itself.While migrating from 4.5 to 6i there were problems, I guess.. Can that be ignored while opening the form in 10g?
Now when I finally opened the form in 10g, I observed that there are many procedures in the form with similar errors in all of them. I am attaching one of the procedures with the error messages. Kindly guide me how to fix these errors.

Thank you.
  • Attachment: procedure.txt
    (Size: 4.99KB, Downloaded 1314 times)
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #179168 is a reply to message #179160] Mon, 26 June 2006 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
AAAAAaahhhhh!!! You can't use 'orl_rec' as a cursor inside a loop that is already using 'orl_rec' as ITS cursor. Change the name for one of them.

About your 6i form. Use the 10g help, search for 'xml', use the utility to convert the 6i form to xml. I believe that you have a least one object which has no details. You will recognise it by the fact that the start tag and end tag 'touch' each other. Remove this 'null' entry, use the 'xml' converter to turn it back into a form and then try opening it in 10g.

You have to convert all the object libraries, PLLs, and menus BEFORE you touch ANY form.

David
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #179361 is a reply to message #179168] Tue, 27 June 2006 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003

Sir,
Thank you very much...That error is fixed.

Now there is one more error.When I run the form,

IN Forms 6i, I get this message:

FRM-30064
Unable to parse statement
Select isv_desc,isv_code from inst_class_values,aux_values
where isv_code=auxv_isv_code
and auxv_axvt_code='DCPX'
and isv_isc_code='FUM4'
and isv_isc_code=auxv_isv_code
order by isv_order;
ORA 00904: AUXV_ISC_CODE :Invalid identifier
Record group : LOV_HEADLINE
FRM 30085:Unable to adjust form for output

In Forms 10g, this is the message

FRM-30064
Unable to parse statement
Select isv_desc,isv_code from inst_class_values,aux_values
where isv_code=auxv_isv_code
and auxv_axvt_code='DCPX'
and isv_isc_code='FUM4'
and isv_isc_code=auxv_isv_code
order by isv_order;
ORA 12152: TNS:Unable to send break message.
Record group : LOV_HEADLINE
FRM 30085:Unable to adjust form for output

What can be done?
Kindly guide me.
Thank you
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #179526 is a reply to message #179361] Tue, 27 June 2006 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I would have fixed the error in 6i and THEN converted to 10g!

What is "auxv_isv_code"? If it is a Form field then it MUST have a ':' prefixing it, and SHOULD also have the block name.

What are the definitions for the tables 'inst_class_values' and 'aux_values'?

Is 'auxv_isv_code' a typo of 'auxv_isc_code' or is 'auxv_isc_code' a typo of 'auxv_isv_code'?

David
Re: Regarding forms migration [message #179735 is a reply to message #179526] Wed, 28 June 2006 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Sir,
What you said is right....Making the form error free in 6i and then migrating to 10g would have made things simpler..Actually this is someone elses' work that I am doing..So this was how they did it..I would have actually completed my work on Monday...but unfortunately someone uninstalled the database on which I was working..without taking any backup.That is the reason why my work is all messed up. Now I created tables with some scripts that I already had...but the tables have no data. So I created data according to the SELECT statements in the Record groups.
Now there is a problem.
The actual query was like this in the Record group.
SELECT inst_code,
       inst_psi,
       inst_desc,
       inst_cur_code,
       inst_price,
       inst_factor,
       inst_accrued_days,
       'INST' inst_oeic
FROM   instruments
WHERE  (inst_status IN ('REAL',
                        'DUMMY')
        AND inst_fumsect_global <> 'Cash'
        AND :blk_ord.ord_inst_type <> 'FUND'
        AND  NOT (inst_indu6 = '948'
                  AND inst_bgtrust IS NOT NULL ))
        OR (inst_bgtrust IS NOT NULL 
            AND :blk_ord.ord_inst_type = 'FUND'
            AND (inst_code IN ('ZZZ')
                  OR :parameter.privname = 'NORMAL')
             OR (inst_code IN ('882057')
                  OR inst_life_co_class IS NOT NULL )
            AND :blk_ord.ord_inst_type = 'FUND')
UNION 
SELECT To_char(coy_code),
       coy_psi,
       Substr(coy_name,
              50),
       NULL,
       To_number(NULL),
       To_number(NULL),
       To_number(NULL),
       'OEIC' inst_oeic
FROM   companies
WHERE  coy_pfo_code IS NOT NULL 
ORDER BY 2

But when I run the form,I am getting error saying that datatypes mismatch. But they are correct.So I did not take the columns which had no match in COMPANIES table.
So I changed the query:
SELECT inst_code,
       inst_psi,
       inst_desc,
       'INST' inst_oeic
FROM   instruments
WHERE  (inst_status IN ('REAL',
                        'DUMMY')
        AND inst_fumsect_global <> 'Cash'
        AND :blk_ord.ord_inst_type <> 'FUND'
        AND  NOT (inst_indu6 = '948'
                  AND inst_bgtrust IS NOT NULL ))
        OR (inst_bgtrust IS NOT NULL 
            AND :blk_ord.ord_inst_type = 'FUND'
            AND (inst_code IN ('ZZZ')
                  OR :parameter.privname = 'NORMAL')
             OR (inst_code IN ('882057')
                  OR inst_life_co_class IS NOT NULL )
            AND :blk_ord.ord_inst_type = 'FUND')
UNION 
SELECT coy_code,
       coy_psi,
       Substr(coy_name,
              50),
       'OEIC' inst_oeic
FROM   companies
WHERE  coy_pfo_code IS NOT NULL 
ORDER BY 2

Also I went to the property palette of the LOV and changed the column mapping properties...ie removed those columns which are no longer in the query. Now I get this error.
Column Mapping
FRM-30049: Unable to build column mapping.
LOV LOV_INST_PSI
Form: FOS002
FRM-30085: Unable to adjust form for output.

In the Record group COLUMN SPECIFICATION,
there are 4 columns ie inst_code, inst_psi, inst_desc, 'INST' inst_oeic of INSTRUMENTS table.
In the LOV column mapping properties, the 4 columns have 4 return items
Sir, DO you think I should add the columns of COMPANIES table too in the Record group and LOV since there is a UNION?

Please guide me.
Thank you

[Updated on: Wed, 28 June 2006 18:26] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regarding forms migration [message #180356 is a reply to message #179526] Mon, 03 July 2006 04:23 Go to previous message
orafan2003
Sir,
I completed the forms migration sucessfully. Thank you very much for your quick replies to my queries.
Thanks & Regards,
Suj
Previous Topic: Exporting to Excel;
Next Topic: Open a file in Forms 10g , Export/Import from Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:42:35 CDT 2024