Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Problem-Report generation using shell script
Problem-Report generation using shell script [message #182503] Sat, 15 July 2006 16:48 Go to next message
dba-k
Hi

We have the Production database and the Reporting database (copy of Production database),
both on Oracle 9.2.0.5 and Solaris 5.8. There is a package inside the Oracle database, which extracts some data from inside the
database, and would generate a report. A shell script has been created in Solaris which would
send in the parameters and call the pakage to generate the report. The parameters it is sending is
the name of report to be generated, and the location where it is to be generated, both hard-coded into
the script. The script is scheduled to run through crontab.

The problem we are facing is that, if we run the script for Reporting database, it successfully
generates the report. But if we use that script for Production database, it gives the error
"Invalid directory Path". I have tried using various other directory paths, even '/tmp'
and '/', but it still gives the same error when executed for Production dataabse.

Could somebody provide any ideas what might be going wrong.

The reasons it is to be executed on Prod db and not the Reporting database are unavoidable.
It anyway runs in off business hours and takes about 10secs to execute.

Please do let me know if there is any other info that I missed to provide here.
Thanks in advance...
Re: Problem-Report generation using shell script [message #182630 is a reply to message #182503] Mon, 17 July 2006 07:23 Go to previous message
tarundua

You explained your scenario well but you missed to paste the error or the part of script that produces error.

There could be any issue, i mean

-- Invalid path where you are generating the report file
-- Permission problem etc.

Previous Topic: Front End for oracle
Next Topic: Cut user from pwd result
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:23:32 CDT 2024