Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to grab image from webcam to form
how to grab image from webcam to form [message #191260] Tue, 05 September 2006 07:36 Go to next message
PrasanthVishnu
Hi,

i am using oracle forms 6i. I am doing one project for a educational institution where they have to caputure the student information along with his photo. we have a logitech webcam installed. My questions are :

1) How can we initiate webcam along with form ?
2) What code to write to capture image on to the form when button pressed.?
3) After capture how to insert the photo database when comitting the form?

4)any java pluggable component is available regarding this ?

Please help

Thanks
prasanth
Re: how to grab image from webcam to form [message #192091 is a reply to message #191260] Sun, 10 September 2006 21:35 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is there an API associated with the camera?

Doesn't the camera start when the PC is turned on? You could either start the camera as boot time, or use a 'bat' file to start the camera and then start the form, or use the api start routine, or maybe webutil's 'client_host' command (I don't think you want this last one).

I believe (I haven't done it) that you can use the API interface (ora_ffi?) to cause an image to be saved in the 'tmp' directory, then you get the Forms application to save it as a 'blob' into the database. Search this forum for 'blob' and see what you find. Many people have asked about storing 'blob' items.

David
Previous Topic: sample files cant be downloaded from this forum
Next Topic: Disabling a Current record in a multi record block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:39:57 CDT 2024