Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » will oracle forms 10G support timestamp datatype? (merged)
will oracle forms 10G support timestamp datatype? (merged) [message #188095] Thu, 17 August 2006 02:05 Go to next message
amul
Hi All,
I'm Using Oracle 10g Forms.
I've one filed type is timestamp.
When i'm going to attach that table into block i'm getting ERROR
FRM-10095.
Is there possible for inherit the timestamp field into oracle 10g forms?
If any body have idea on this,pls let me know immediately in detail manner..

icon2.gif  will oracle forms 10G support timestamp datatype? [message #189155 is a reply to message #188095] Wed, 23 August 2006 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amul
Hi all,

We are having database server - oracle 10g enterprise edition R2,
forms - Oracle forms 10G -Version 10.1.2.0.2 on windows 2000 professional.

We have created a table which has a column of type "timestamp",the following is the structure.
CREATE TABLE  "STOCK_AREA_MASTER" 
        (     "STOCK_AREA_CODE"     NCHAR(5)       NOT NULL    ENABLE, 
              "STOCK_AREA_DESC"     NVARCHAR2(40)  NOT NULL    ENABLE, 
              "RECORD_STATUS"       CHAR(1)        DEFAULT 'A', 
              "USER_ID"             NVARCHAR2(20)  DEFAULT USER, 
              "TIMESTAMP"           TIMESTAMP (6)  DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)

We tried to invoke this table(stock_area_master) using database block wizard in forms 10g,we were expecting to see the columns in this table,but we got the following error
FRM -10095 - Assertion failed

on seeing the forms help for the error FRM-10095,We are getting the following message

FRM-10095: Assertion failed in %s, at %s:%d. Cause: An internal inconsistency was detected. Action: Contact an Oracle support representative, and proceed with caution

We have the following concerns.

1.) is it possible to have datatype "timestamp" in forms 10g,our researches show that we can manipulate using datatime datatype in forms,our requirement is have to precision of 6 digits(millisecond - format - dd/mm/rr hh24:mi:ss:ssss),we are able query and view precision to the tune dd/mm/rr hh24:mi:ss:ssss,but we are unable to insert/update to this precision.

We would appreciate if some one could throw some light on the above.

Thanks in advance

Regards

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2006 21:49] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: will oracle forms 10G support timestamp datatype? [message #189320 is a reply to message #189155] Thu, 24 August 2006 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
You keep your datatype as Date in the table..Simply set this fields property of datatype as datetime in forms...Hope answer the question well...
icon2.gif  Re: will oracle forms 10G support timestamp datatype? [message #189389 is a reply to message #189320] Thu, 24 August 2006 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amul
i asked
Quote:

1.) is it possible to have datatype "timestamp" in forms 10g,our researches show that we can manipulate using datatime datatype in forms,our requirement is have to precision of 6 digits(millisecond - format - dd/mm/rr hh24:mi:ss:ssss),we are able query and view precision to the tune dd/mm/rr hh24:mi:ss:ssss,but we are unable to insert/update to this precision.

and you say
Quote:

You keep your datatype as Date in the table..Simply set this fields property of datatype as datetime in forms...Hope answer the question well...

i need to use timestamp in forms.that is my query.if someone could please help...

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2006 21:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: will oracle forms 10G support timestamp datatype? [message #191534 is a reply to message #189389] Thu, 07 September 2006 01:00 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at the article at http://www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora9i/DATE_TIMESTAMP_Datatypes.shtml

After only a short search (30 minutes) it would appear that you may have to work with fields of type 'date' and use the 'cast' function in various triggers to get the sub-second information.

David
Previous Topic: Form_trigger_failure restrictions
Next Topic: BLOCK does not change status on INSERT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:40:08 CDT 2024