Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms 6i (BUG)
Oracle Forms 6i (BUG) [message #199967] Fri, 27 October 2006 04:05 Go to next message
xxdanielexx
Hi guys..
I have created an application composed by 5/6 forms. I created a .BAT file that launches the main MENU form, that has all the related buttons wich call the other modules of the application. NOw the issue is the seguent, if I install the forms on the local machine I have no problems at all. But instead, if I install them on a server pc, I begin having very strange problems. For example, my main MENU forms gets launched without any issues, I press the first button on the main menu and my application starts, if I exit and then press another button, it literally EXPLODES. The forms runtime crashes and creates a DUMP file. Now the strange thing is that it doens't do it on every PC.

Do you guys know anything about this ?
Re: Oracle Forms 6i (BUG) [message #200233 is a reply to message #199967] Sun, 29 October 2006 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please describe your hardware configuration. What version of Forms are you using? Did you take the non-default option of removing the directory name when attaching your PLL files to your forms? Please post the code that you use to call the other forms. Do you have your forms and menus in the same directory or in different directories? Have you specified the directories in the FORMSxx_PATH?

David
Re: Oracle Forms 6i (BUG) [message #200289 is a reply to message #199967] Mon, 30 October 2006 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxdanielexx
I am using Oracle Forms 6i. For the second question, Yes I did, I removed the directory name when attacching the PLL. The forms and menus are in the same directory and I did specify the directory in the forms_xx_path. The code that I use to call the others forms is the following.

call_form( v_call_form,HIDE,DO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY,CREATE_PARAMETERS);

FUNCTION CREATE_PARAMETERS RETURN PARAMLIST IS
PL_ID PARAMLIST;
BEGIN
PL_ID:=GET_PARAMETER_LIST('PARAMETER_LIST');

IF ID_NULL(PL_ID) THEN
PL_ID:=CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST('PARAMETER_LIST');
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'EMPLOYEE_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:MAIN.EMPLOYEE_NAME);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'BADGE',TEXT_PARAMETER,:MAIN.BADGENUMBER);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'LTWTPAPRINT',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.LTWTPAPRINT);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'VERSION',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.VERSION);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'DRIVE_PATH',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.DRIVE_PATH);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PRINTER_PORT',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.PRINTER_PORT);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PC_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.PC_NAME);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PRINTER_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.PRINTER_NAME);
ELSE
DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST('PARAMETER_LIST');
PL_ID:=CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST('PARAMETER_LIST');
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'EMPLOYEE_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:MAIN.EMPLOYEE_NAME);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'BADGE',TEXT_PARAMETER,:MAIN.BADGENUMBER);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'LTWTPAPRINT',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.LTWTPAPRINT);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'VERSION',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.VERSION);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'DRIVE_PATH',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.DRIVE_PATH);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PRINTER_PORT',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.PRINTER_PORT);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PC_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.PC_NAME);
ADD_PARAMETER(PL_ID,'PRINTER_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:PARAMETER.PRINTER_NAME);
END IF;

RETURN PL_ID;
END;
Re: Oracle Forms 6i (BUG) [message #200418 is a reply to message #200289] Mon, 30 October 2006 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You answered nearly everything. But I need a response to "Please describe your hardware configuration." Are you running client/server or 3-tier? Is this happening on different development PCs or a development server? Are you using the same operating system and directory structure on your server as you did during your development?

David
Re: Oracle Forms 6i (BUG) [message #200515 is a reply to message #199967] Tue, 31 October 2006 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxdanielexx
Well, I can't describe the hardware configuration, don't know too much about those PCs. Anyway they have Windows 2000. Mine instead,(forms work very well) , has Windows XP.

They are development PCs, client/server
Re: Oracle Forms 6i (BUG) [message #200665 is a reply to message #200515] Tue, 31 October 2006 17:19 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Okay - from what you have said I believe that you have multiple Development PCs, your's is running XP, their's are running W2K. You each have Forms installed on your PCs. You all are running the forms from the one network drive based directory.

However, you said "I have created an application composed by 5/6 forms". The application needs to be written in either Forms 5 or Forms 6 - I believe strongly that a 'mixed' system will not run. It must be one or the other. Also, ALL the PCs must be running the same level of Forms.

David
Previous Topic: SQL*Forms 3.0.16 conversion question
Next Topic: How to close a window opened by open_window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:39:21 CDT 2024