Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger
HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217412] Fri, 02 February 2007 01:35 Go to next message
selim
Hi All,
An other trouble;
All I need to do is to hide a window that I use as a dialog, in POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger.
Window is not closing. When I use go_item or go_block,It gives error;
FRM-40737:Illegal restricted procedure GO_BLOCK in POST-..or PRE-...trigger.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance..
icon10.gif  Re: HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217415 is a reply to message #217412] Fri, 02 February 2007 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
It is because in POST-Triggers dont allow naviational command like Go_Item or Go_Block.

Instead of using POST-Trigger use ON-WINDOW-CLOSE

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217418 is a reply to message #217415] Fri, 02 February 2007 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
selim
Hi Azam,
Thanks for reply.
Your point is right.
The main problem is that, I can not hide the window through any text_item triggers.
Any idea, which one is the best to hide a window?
Thanks in advance..
icon3.gif  Re: HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217421 is a reply to message #217418] Fri, 02 February 2007 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Dear Selim,

I will again say that you should use the WHEN-WINDOW-CLOSE trigger which is available at form level. And in the trigger check the name of the window which you want to be closed, in this way only that particular window will be close and not all windows.

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217431 is a reply to message #217421] Fri, 02 February 2007 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
selim
Hi Azam,
Thanks for the response.
Probably I could not articulate what I needed to do.
I want the window is closed right after the user enters Y or N in the text_item. I tried KEY-UP, still does not work, or I can force the user to hit enter after entering Y or N in the text field and use KEY-ENTER trigger. This little tiny dialog is running in a RF gun, barcode reader. There is no way to use mouse or any other means to close the window.The best way is to hide the window at KEY-UP trigger.
May be you point me to a kind of combination of trigger use, that I dont understand. Soryy for that If that is the case..Smile
Best Regards,
Thanks again..
Re: HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217703 is a reply to message #217412] Sun, 04 February 2007 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

If you can put codes on key-enter, then try to put execute_trigger('key-enter') on your item.
I have not tried it, but it moght work..
Re: HIDE_WINDOW('WIN') by text_item trigger [message #217957 is a reply to message #217431] Tue, 06 February 2007 04:18 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Create a timer in your When-Validate_item trigger and in the timer you can do your jumping around.

Search this forum for 'timer' (or read the manual).

David
Previous Topic: data to Excel & copy a file
Next Topic: conversion problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:28:58 CDT 2024