Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Check Crontab is Succesful or Not.
Check Crontab is Succesful or Not. [message #245742] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:41 Go to next message
Koolwant
Hey Masterminds

I want to know that how do u come to know that my CRON job was succesfully executed or not.

I mean if it is successful what would be the indications OR
If it is unsuccessful then how you come to know (other than checking alert log).

Is there any way i can automate any action if my job was sucessful or was not.

Regards

kool
Re: Check Crontab is Succesful or Not. [message #245749 is a reply to message #245742] Mon, 18 June 2007 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
You can configure your pager for that.
You can also use log files for that

small example
# Check if errors encountered, if yes send mail to DBA
#
    if test `cat $werrfile | wc -l` -ge 1
       then
       print "$HOST $ORACLE_SID errors in listener log.  Error: ` cat ${werrfile}`" > mail.txt
         mail Dreamz.Dreamz+page@Dreaming.com < mail.txt
         rm mail.txt
       mailx -s "Oracle Error: $ORACLE_SID $HOST" $ESPDBA > /dev/null < $werrfile
       continue
    else
       echo "Successful completion of routine checkup" >> $wlogfile
       echo "No Errors / Alerts Encountered" >> $wlogfile
       echo "**********************************************************************" >>  $wlogfile
       continue

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2007 12:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Check Crontab is Succesful or Not. [message #245755 is a reply to message #245749] Mon, 18 June 2007 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
One more question does Crontab has any realation with Performance Tunning??Please I want to know how crontab increase oracle performance.

Or post it then in UNIX section
Re: Check Crontab is Succesful or Not. [message #245772 is a reply to message #245755] Mon, 18 June 2007 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Koolwant
Thanks Dreamzz for your reply.

That would serve my purpose.

AND I feel sorry for posting my question in performance tuning not in Unix, My Bad.

Thanks again.

Re: Check Crontab is Succesful or Not. [message #245773 is a reply to message #245772] Mon, 18 June 2007 14:26 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
You welcome
Its okay
But dont make it habbit. Laughing
Previous Topic: how will upgradation on solaris(version=8) to Solaris (Version=10)
Next Topic: scripts for monitoring UNIX space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:58:52 CDT 2024