Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Unix script file creation E-mail error
Unix script file creation E-mail error [message #267779] Fri, 14 September 2007 17:41 Go to next message
aliceg

Below Unix script calls 2 sql scripts to create 2 flat files off of Oracle queries.
When I put the e-mail to send the outcome to addresses, I get this error: execute_pog_ff.sh[17]: syntax error at line 24 : `<<' unmatched.
Enclosed is the Unix script file.
Any idea of what might be wrong?
Thanks so much, --Alice
Re: Unix script file creation E-mail error [message #267780 is a reply to message #267779] Fri, 14 September 2007 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
First this problem has NOTHING to do with Oracle and is a pure shell scripting issue.

What part of "execute_pog_ff.sh[17]: syntax error at line 24 : `<<' unmatched." do you not understand?

The default behavior for some/many/most *nix shells is that when using a "here document" the terminating string must be at the leftmost margin of the line/record ( NOT indented).

HTH & YMMV

[Updated on: Fri, 14 September 2007 17:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unix script file creation E-mail error - resolved [message #267781 is a reply to message #267780] Fri, 14 September 2007 18:20 Go to previous message
aliceg

Wow!
You know I thought that too, but I think I had other errors not related to the position of the e-mail program, and this is why I discarded this possibility.
Everything works perfectly fine now.
Thanks so very much Cool
Previous Topic: records returned from sqlplus command coming in a single row
Next Topic: Backup through Unix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:23:00 CDT 2024