Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » PHPoci and ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel  () 1 Vote
PHPoci and ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel [message #150774] Fri, 09 December 2005 10:41
Messages: 1
Registered: December 2005
Junior Member
I hope this is the right place to post.

I tried asking this in some PHP forums and didn't get an answer Sad

I keep getting this error:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
It happens about 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, the connection seems really slow.

Here's my code reduced to the essential elements:

PHP Code:
$connection = ocilogon("webphone", "mypass", "phonebook") or die("Could not logon");

$SQL = "SELECT distinct DEPARTMENT FROM phone_info";
$stmt = ociparse($connection, $SQL);
ociexecute($stmt, OCI_DEFAULT);
while (OCIFetchInto($stmt, $row, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) {
echo  $row["DEPARTMENT"] . "<BR>";


This is with Apache2, PHP4, Oracle 10g. All of that is on an RHEL3 box. The database phonebook is in a 10g database on another RHEL3 box.

My production script actually has a couple of queries. After this query fails the rest of the queries give this error:

Warning: ociexecute(): supplied argument is not a valid OCI8-Statement resource in

and the script finally ends with:

Warning: Unknown: failed to rollback outstanding transactions!: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE in Unknown on line 0

I've tried using oci_new_connect instead of ocilogon, but only partly works. This specific query will work fine, but it only postpones the error message to the 2nd query.

I've checked the error logs for apache, it doesn't say anything more than what PHP puts out on the screen. The log on Oracle doesn't seem to show any problems. Can anyone help me??
Previous Topic: ODCITable Interface using extproc using OCIType help
Next Topic: How do I install Pro C for use in Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 31 13:46:11 CDT 2021